Sunday, September 24, 2023

Fridays For Future

Fridays For Future Best dressed photographer Mynttorget Knitting President of Sámi Youth Association Sáminuorra Preschool Strike For The Climate Flower Woman Cyclist coming through The Epoch Times Make your voice heard Best shot of the day? Balancing act Musicians Götgatsbacken A face in the crowd Are you dancing yet? Greta
Two days ago I attended my fourth Fridays For Future demonstration in Stockholm, together with Greta Thunberg and maybe 4000 others. The protest started at Mynttorget where Greta got the worldwide movement going all alone five years ago as a teenager when she sat down there for her first protest. Now, she is studying full time at the Stockholm University. This time we walked to Medborgarplatsen, The Citizen's Square on Södermalm. Although I cheated a bit as I jumped on and off the bike a few times to get my photos. At the square there were music acts performing and a lot of speeches from activists from different organizations. I present the photos in no particular order. You can spot Greta on the last photo. There is also a snap when I guy takes a photo of me as I take one of him. And he found it on Flickr! As always I was there as much for saving the planet as photographing people, and I have a few favorites as usual. More photos in my set, Week of Action.Oh, and as a bonus, there is one photo where the protestors are walking up Götgatsbacken, which is the title of the book I mentioned in yesterdays post about the police officer Viktor.

8 comments:

roentare said...

The protests documentary series by you is a stunning collection. I usually avoid attending one simply for fear of being arrested or assaulted by people from opposing views or police.

s.c said...

When I look at these pictures of the protesters I think that prosperity has brought us a lot after all, and too bad we now have to reap the bitter fruits of it. Then let's do a little less. It is also not at all necessary to have 10 sweaters, pants and jackets.

William Kendall said...

Quite a lot of people coming out for this.

Catarina said...

Citizens who like to participate in peaceful demonstrations.
Amazing pictures.

Jack said...

Great series, Steffe. It is an event I would love to have attended, in part for support of the causes and in part for the people photographs.

Sharon said...

Great set of people watching photos. A protest joined by you and old. That's a good thing.

RedPat said...

That is so good to see.

Bill said...

Excellent documentation of the protest. Good to see all the people showing up to give their support. Fantastic photography!