Friday, September 22, 2023

Kallax

Kallax
The Kallax. The simple shelving unit from IKEA. In this nine meter high version at The King's Garden in Stockholm, a number of classic IKEA armchairs can be seen. If you can name all of them you win, well nothing really, but I would be very impressed. The King of Sweden celebrated 50 years on the throne this last weekend and IKEA who turned 80 this year gave him a uniquely designed chair. The Mila, originally designed by Gillis Lundgren, but now in an updated design under a new name. The Dyvlinge. Inspired by the Swedish Olympic costumes from the 1972 games in Germany where the King found his Queen, btw. A security guard was sitting next to the Kallax, on what looked like a non-IKEA chair. All furniture was safely secured, and I saw quite a few people go in for a test sitting!

6 comments:

JudithK said...

I hope the King is in better shape than I am. It's a beautiful chair, but it does not have arms. At my age, depending on the slant of the seat, I want arms to be able to get up and out of it at all. Maybe he is quite spry. Surprised to see IKEA is that old. I'm almost as old as IKEA. Ha.

roentare said...

I got a mini version in my house.

William Kendall said...

I have never bought a thing from IKEA. Good shot.

Bill said...

Never been to an IKEA store. Nice shot.

RedPat said...

I have 2 IKEA chairs but I don't see them there. There are a lot of treasures to be found in an IKEA store.

s.c said...

Simple but effective and well thought out.