Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Three Winter Photos

Winter Promenade The Meditation Hill Granitkorset
A couple of hours before I took the photo of the old tree, I visited the Woodland Cemetery in Enskede, as I always do on my way to and from Stockholm. The roads at Skogskyrkogården can be described in one word. Icy. I got stuck in semi-frozen tracks several times, but managed to cycle through without any accidents. And as you can see, there was snow everywhere. I was setting up the photo of the green bench when I noticed the two women, so I snapped three photos as they passed by. I was shooting in manual mode and aiming at the bench, so it was easy to merge them together. You can never get too many photos of the Meditation Hill, so here it is once again. The huge granite cross is very popular with smartphone shooters, probably because it is the first thing people see as they enter the huge cemetery.

8 comments:

roentare said...

The three people at the top photo wear the same attire! The trees look like a pattern on their own

biebkriebels said...

You in the North have more winter and cold than we have.

Sharon said...

Lots of snow in your part of the world. Love that first shot.

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots, Stefan.

joaquín said...

Preciosas las tres, y en cuanto a la primera una cuidada edición para fusionar las tres tomas. Mi enhorabuena

RedPat said...

Love the shots. There is something really nice about that woman coming towards you beside the cross.

Stefan Jansson said...

She stopped there for a few smartphone photos of the cross.

Stefan Jansson said...

Only two people in the photo.