Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Spot the Christmas Tree

Concrete Tower Spot the Christmas Trees
Nice day yesterday, 3C. No wind, but the sky was as grey as it can get, and then some. Perfect for a longish bike ride, I hear you all say, so that is what I did. No ice on the bike paths, but there were patches here and there that looked a bit suspicious, so I had to ride a bit slower than usual. No real goal other than to warm up the old muscles. I stopped at a few places, and to give you an idea of the weather, here are two photos taken from the Skanstull bridge with my old Canon 77D with the zoom lens. This is the 108-meter-high smokestack at the Hammarbyverket heating plant that today sits smack in the middle of Hammarby Sjöstad, on the south side. Nice touch with the Christmas Tree lights, I think.

8 comments:

s.c said...

In a word beautiful.

roentare said...

This is insane. Why right up there? Though unusual for sure

Stefan Jansson said...

There is an office of sorts up there, so people are up there on a regular basis. And it can be seen from far away, so why not!

Sharon said...

It's gloomy here today but I must admit, not as gloomy as that sky looks. Glad you spotted the Christmas trees up there.

Bill said...

Now that's different, it's probably the highest Christmas tree in Sweden.

RedPat said...

That's great.

William Kendall said...

An odd spot for it.

Stefan Jansson said...

My bad, people. I realized that I wrote Christmas Tree, when perhaps I should have said Christmas lights in the shape of a couple of trees.