Saturday, December 31, 2022

Ice skaters and a skate sailor

Skate sailing Ice Skaters
On this day last year, on my way home from Stockholm, on the ebike, I made a stop at the beach at Hökarängsbadet. Yesterday, on my way to Stockholm on the ebike, I stopped at the same lake, which is called Drevviken. This time further south, and at a new, (ish), circular jetty that I have only seen from a distance before, as this area is a busy building site at the moment and parts of it has been closed off. But my reason for the stop was the same as the previous year. To check out the ice skaters on the frozen lake. I soon realized that I was on the wrong side of the lake when I spotted the skate sailor on the Sköndal side. And minutes later I noticed a group of ice skaters near the jetty from where I snapped my photos last Winter. Not sure how thick the ice was here yesterday, but as the ice skaters say, thick enough!

7 comments:

Andy said...

I hope the ice skaters are right about the "thick enough".

William Kendall said...

Never learned how to skate, myself.

s.c said...

I have here the same feeling as Andy.

Sharon said...

The lake looks so glassy, it looks like they are walking on water.

RedPat said...

It looks as if there is water on top of the ice. I hope they are safe there. It is warm here, 8˚C.

roentare said...

I was quite scared for these people on the lake. What if they fell below the cracked surface! Happy New Year to you too!

Stefan Jansson said...

Most ice skaters have ice claws with them. They usually practice going through the ice, so that they know how to handle an incident. If an accident happens it is usually big news and it has been a few years since I last heard about a fatality.