Friday, June 22, 2012

Lars Epstein

Lars Epstein Epstein
We celebrate Midsummer today. I spent a few hours at the Höglunda park in Jordbro talking to people, and taking photos of the festivities, and I will show you that tomorrow. The man you see here is a well known photographer and journalist. Lars Epstein. He has worked for DN (the largest morning paper in Sweden), for something like 35 years. We ran into each other several times at the park, and I told him a little about the different bands, and hooked him up with both the Mayor, Martina Mossberg, and a few people from the Jordbro World Orchestra who arranged the celebrations at the park. Lars told me a bit about how he works. He has a blog on the paper called Epstein's STHLM which he updates most every day. He has been in the business for so many years that no one tells him what to do, he usually plans everything him self and will often do the writing from home rather than at the paper. Before we said goodbye I invited him to the rock festival in Tungelsta which takes place in August.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marvelous shots!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I bet he accepts.

Sharon said...

Great portrait of Lars who sounds like a very interesting man.

Birdman said...

New friends! That's very cool.

Lowell said...

I think I would like Mr. Epstein very much! I'm sure he appreciated your various intros. Hope he enjoys the portraits as much as your readers do!

Nefertiti said...

le photographe photographie ;o)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like the look of Mr. Epstein's lens Steffe, great portrait shot.