Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Next Stop the Tattoo Parlour

Next Stop the Tattoo Parlour

I met Mona and Bengan, and their dog Bullen on a warm summer day last week. They were heading to a tattoo parlour, surprise surprise, but had time for a portrait and a chat. Mona works at SvD, the morning paper. Her big hobby is crosswords. Bengan works at Åhlens in Jordbro. His big hobby is Mona and he also interested in tattoos and airbrushing. He got his first tattoo fifteen years ago. In fact he did the tattoo himself! It's the red one on his wrist. Bengan knew a few people I had previously photographed.One of them being Gissen with the head tattoo. In a not too distant future Mona and Bengan plan to get married.

8 comments:

Bob Crowe said...

That's a wonderful portrait, very nice composition. My children both have tattoos but I think they are horrid. Few things look worse than tattoos on old skin.

Olivier said...

magnifique portrait de ce couple, et je suis en admiration devant les tatouages..

irinapictures said...

Very beautiful couple, great portrait.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

My best wishes to the two of them on their upcoming marriage.

Your post reminds me of a situation that I saw happen. I lawyer was questioning a witness. He asked if the witness was married, and the witness said "yes." Seeing a tattoo "Shirley" on the witness' arm, the lawyer asked, "Is your wife's name Shirley?" The witness replied, "That's my ex-wife. Big mistake." The lawyer then asked, "What was the mistake, the ex-wife or the tattoo?" He answered, "Both."

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

I'm imagining it now:

The Guy with the Asymmetrical Tattoos

by Mona ________

Reserve us a copy!

Anonymous said...

Very nice portrait.

Stefan Jansson said...

When I met them next time I will have a look at the new tattoos.

T. Becque said...

The people in your area look very laid back and open. It's nice.