Friday, July 23, 2010

And the living is easy

And the living is easy

Another beautiful and sunny day in Haninge. I spotted this guy at the Eskil's park in Handen. He was listening to music and reading the evening paper. As he finished reading I walked over to ask him for a portrait. This is Rustan. A rather unusual name. There are only 389 people in Sweden with that name and apparently there's a King with that name in One Thousand and One Nights. Rustan is on his holiday break. He normally works with people that suffers from prescription drug abuse, and we talked a bit about that. When he is not sun bathing in the park you will often find Rustan at the gym. One reason to stay fit is that he often plays table tennis with one of his friends. Speaking of friends, I sometimes try to connect the people I have photographed, but this time it was Rustan that did the connecting. He told me that I had previously met one of his friends, Ulf. I like coincidences like that.

6 comments:

Roberto Machado Alves said...

I liked the story and the way it was told. Great shot.

regards

Roberto from Brazil

Barb said...

Nice photo! This man looks like he would fit right in here in California. - Barb at CDP

VP said...

That's life, or at least some rest for an unusual guy with an unusual name.

Peter said...

Looks like a cool dude - enjoying life. Great blog - once again.

Tinsie said...

This is the life!

Great shot, you can totally see the easy living aspect of it :-)))

Nefertiti said...

c est la belle vie ;O)