Friday, July 30, 2010

The teacher and her students

Portrait in the rain

And his name was Kangaroo

Top photo shows Lisa. She had a busy schedule at the Flakrock festival last Saturday. She's the new bass player in the metal band Elemental 6. They were the last band to take to the stage, which was long after I had left so I don't have any photos from their gig. I sat down with Lisa for a few minutes and she told me that she's also performing in a trio called Trösten together with her brother Albin, and a guy called Kenneth Burman. After our talk I took a few portraits, but a little later I spotted Lisa talking to a few friends and decided to take a candid portrait.Lisa works as a music teacher in Brandbergen and she is the proud teacher of the kids in the band And his name was Kangaroo that you can see on the second photo. It was the teenagers second ever gig and Lisa thought they were amazing. If you live locally you can see them later this summer during the Haninge Day celebrations at Lake Rudan.

7 comments:

Lisergic Synaesthesiae said...

I really like the portrait. Very spontaneous and with nice warm tons.

B SQUARED said...

Rock knows no age limit. Good for her!

Rachel said...

Great portrait! I love the focus on her and how the background is out of focus.

Gunn said...

Very nice portrait, and a good looking model with fantastic hair!

Jim said...

Quite interesting.

VP said...

You alway find a diffrent way to get a good portrait and this is one of the most natural and beautiful.

Kaori said...

I LOVE her earrings! Maybe you could ask her where she got them... ;D