Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another meeting at the Rondo

Helena

I noticed this young girl sitting on a bench in Västerhaninge the other day. The bench is in fact a work of art. It is called The Rondo, and I met the artist when he was putting it together. As I explained to Helena that I wanted to take her portrait she already knew who I was. My sister reads your blog she told me. That probably has something to do with the fact that I have previously met and photographed her older sister Ida. Helena is a secondary student at Östra Gymnasiet and has a few artistic interests. She plays the piano. And is also a self-taught belly dancer! I think I would like to see her in action. When I heard about the belly dancing I told Helena about Princess Leah, whom I met two years ago. Always fun with this type of coincidences.

9 comments:

Antjas said...

Speaking of coincidences, last week I shared a lane swimming in Sudbury, Massachusetts with a man named Mats. He told me he was just learning how to really swim because in his native Sweden they teach you only how not to drown. I asked him where he was from in Sweden and if he had ever heard of Haninge. No, but I was obviously pronouncing it incorrectly for when I said Vasterhaninge, he just about jumped out of his skin as that is his home town where his parents still live. He was even more amazed that I knew all about "your" tree and that he was going to be passing it in a few days when he goes home for a visit. He was going to ask his parents if they knew you. I told him everybody knows Steffe. Small world.

I'm still enjoying your photos even though I'm not posting myself.

Gunn said...

She is good at color coordinating.... :)

VP said...

Another case where the bench, even if hand made, is not so important...

B SQUARED said...

Even has a matching phone.

Halcyon said...

You have a lot of attractive ladies in your town. :)

I like that her hair matches the shoes. Very stylish!

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, a small world indeed, and a very cool coincidence! I will be on the lookout for anyone named Mats in the Västerhaninge area!

Saretta said...

Could you please ask her where I can get a pair of shoes like that? They are too cute! ;-)

MrsLittleJeans said...

Whatever she is doing is certainly keeping her smiling and beautiful!

Tinsie said...

See looks super cool :-)