Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fred, the tennis player

Fred, the tennis player
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License by Steffe

Meet Fred. He lives in Jordbro. Fred is retired and is often out on his bike, and as I'm a keen biker myself, I decided to ask him if I could take his portrait. Cycling is a good way to stay fit he told me, much better than running, which I will have to agree with. Fred is also a pretty good tennis player, and so he should be, with a name like that. Think Fred Perry and Fred Stolle. This Fred plays for Spårvägens Tennis Club. I asked him if he knew Tore Wiger (tennis player from Tungelsta), and sure enough, they had met a few times over the years. Tore had his own tennis court at Aspnäs for many years but it's gone now. After this short conversation I took a few quick shots, showed them for Fred and then we both continued on our bikes.

6 comments:

Henke S said...

Bra blogg.

Mvh H från blamethecream.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

I think Fred and I could be friends - I'd love to challenge him to a game of tennis!

Lois said...

Another cool guy! Glad he wears a helmet.

Clueless in Boston said...

Yes, we make our kids wear bike helmets, but not many adults wear them.

Lowell said...

Fred does look fit and feisty. Nice shot!

Stefan Jansson said...

Tack för det Henke.

I have to confess to not wearing a bike helmet, and I'm on the bike every day year round. More cool people photos to come!