Monday, August 04, 2008

Kerstin at the old tree

Kerstin

I guess you have all seen this scene before. This is my 149th photo of The Old Tree at Välsta. But it's the first time I have been able to combine it with the 100 Strangers Project. This is Kerstin. And Pypszo. They came walking towards me on the path, so all I had to do was wait a while. And after explaining about the project we talked a bit and I took some photos. The horse is a Polish Arabian that's been with her for 17 years. She had planned to compete with Pypszo in Endurance riding but sadly the horse had a leg injury. Kerstin is also a big fan of this tree, (she's originally from Öland where there are many Swedish Whitebeams) and she had also heard the rumours about the planned golf course here, and like me she's against it. These days she lives with her family at Skogås and teaches Swedish at the Farsta Gymnasium, a college-preparatory school. As we talked about the surrounding landscape and the people here in Tungelsta it didn't take me long to figure out that she knew a few people that I know, including Torbjörn, or Stranger #21, as I like to call him. I really like all these coincidences that has happened during this project.


This is my 65th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

3 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

Excellent project - wish I had the temerity to do something similar.

A lovely tree, a lovely horse and a lovely lady - what more could one want?

Stefan Jansson said...

I don't know. It was a very warm day so a cold beer perhaps :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a nice photo of the tree. I like it and all of the things in the picture.