Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Cowboy

Kent


Saturday was Haninge Day. Which was celebrated around Poseidon's Square and in the Cultural Centre at Handen. The theme this year was Country & Western, so I went looking for a suitable stranger. And found one close to the big stage. This is Kent Olofsson. He is my second stranger from Värmland, the first one was Spik-Anders. Kent was here to perform with a group of friends. They call themselfes Åldtimers (Oldtimers). A bit of a word pun. They do all sorts of western things with lasso's, axes and CAS shooting. They have been touring Värmland and Sweden for 7 years. He told me that they normally visit High Chaparral six times every year.In his professional life Kent is a plåtslagare (something for you to translate). At the moment his working on a construction site in Oslo, Norway, so he spends 5 days of the week in Norway, living in an apartment paid for by the company he works for. On weekends he enjoyes western riding with his mates.

This is my 75th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Swedish cowboys. As someone who lives in the wild west, a descendant of trappers, ranchers, miners, and Indians, I find this intriguing.

Stefan Jansson said...

The place was crowded with cowboys and cowgirls. Most of them Swedish!