Saturday, March 16, 2024

The sunny spot

The sunny spot
I often cycle over a bridge called Skanstullbron on my way into Stockholm. Halfway over I sometimes stop to photograph this view, so you have probably seen it before. Betongbryggan. The concrete pier. At a square called Fredriksdalstorget at Hammarby sjöstad. From late Spring to mid-Autumn it is often very crowded with serious sunbathers, or hungry office workers enjoying an outdoor lunch. This time of the year it is quieter. Last Summer I remember photographing a delivery boat approaching with food to some hungry person.

7 comments:

roentare said...

That looks ultramodern

Sharon said...

You would find me standing in that sunny spot if I were there.

RedPat said...

I remember your shot with lots of people enjoying the sun. I love the design of that pier.

s.c said...

Nice point to photograph but better with people on it.

William Kendall said...

Certainly quiet now.

Stefan Jansson said...

It is.

Stefan Jansson said...

A few chilly day since, and no one there the last two times I stopped for a look.