Monday, March 11, 2024

Slalom anyone?

Hammarbybacken
Well, maybe one more Winter related photo then. And not only because it is -5C this morning. This is a hill in Stockholm called Hammarbybacken. This time of the year you can ski down the slope as you can see in this photo that I took from Fåfängan a few days ago. A few Summers ago I was walking up that hill when I was caught in the hailstorm of the century. The plan on that day was to shoot a number of photos from the top of the hill but I had to quickly make my way down the muddy, and very slippery hill, and I haven't been back since.

5 comments:

RedPat said...

It looks as if they have snow-making equipment. It is nice for city dwellers to be able to ski so close to home.

roentare said...

There is not enough snow to ski on I reckon?

Stefan Jansson said...

If you look at the original size you can see a few skiers.

William Kendall said...

It looks like it would be a good walk.

Stefan Jansson said...

They built new stairs here two years ago, I guess I should go back and test them out.