Saturday, January 01, 2022

Photos of the Year

Stockholm Waterfront Keeping the streets safe Almhöjden That Old Tree
Theme Day. Best photo of the year. Not easy to pick just one photo, so I decided to go for a few categories. I'm a big fan of symmetry, facades, and windows, so this photo showing Stockholm Waterfront was my best Windows photo of the year, shot from across the water at Riddarholmen. Street photography is the most fun category if you ask any real photographer. Back in the early Autumn while cycling through Stockholm I noticed the long arm of the law hard at work, so I jumped off the e-bike for a few quick snaps. I managed to get two categories in one photo in my third shot. It was only in September of last year that I decided to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Skogskyrkogården with my trusted canon cameras, so this photo of the Meditation Hill takes care of both Autumn and Favorite Place. And to finish off, two more categories in one shot. My long time project, The Old Tree seen here in Monochrome.

10 comments:

Andy said...

Thought provoking photos to start off the new year. I am looking forward to following your blog in 2022.

s.c said...

A very good choice Stephan. Something I always have trouble with. Can't decide but I'm always curious what you come up with next. Also for the coming year so keep the camera clicking.

Sharon said...

These are all excellent choices. Each one is special for different reasons.

RedPat said...

A fine selection! Happy New Year!

Bill said...

Some wonderful choices. It's nice to see the Old Tree making an appearance, I love that tree.
Keep up the great work for 22.

Denton said...

I agree that street photography is the most fun and your photo put a smile on my face .. the photo I was most impressed with was of Meditation Hill in your categories of Autumn and Favorite Place. Happy theme day and Happy new year,

Luis Gomez said...

Great pictures my friend!

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful selections.

Linda said...

These are great. Happy New Year.

Amy said...

I like the first 2, happy new year