Saturday, January 15, 2022

Ice skating on a warm day

Ice skating on natural ice
Cycling home from Stockholm on Thursday afternoon, I once again decided to stop by the beach at Hökarängsbadet at Lake Drevviken. It was a warm day, 7C, most of the snow gone, but it takes a bit longer for the ice to melt on a frozen lake, so I figured I would see one or two ice skaters out on the ice. My biggest problem was to navigate safely down to the beach, as the walkway was very icy. All in all, I saw three ice skaters. One guy was too far away. Another man was sitting on the jetty removing his skates, but then this guy showed up, also heading for the jetty, and I managed to get a few quick photos of him. When I got back home, I went online to see how thick the ice was, but all the ice report from this lake said was that it had been measured the previous day.

8 comments:

Andy said...

Compared to me he is brave. I went through ice once. Lucky for me I only went up to my waist and was able to get out on my own.

s.c said...

Looks a bit tricky for the guy.

Stefan Jansson said...

I just saw a photo taken out on the lake earlier today, by a happy ice skater, who said that the ice was 15 centimeter thick.

Sharon said...

That does not look safe to me but you would know better.

RedPat said...

The water on top would make me hesitate.

William Kendall said...

I would not venture onto that ice.

JudithK said...

Ouff. I don't think that's Swedish, but it's a sound I would make....

Amy said...

I'm trying to work out what he's doing, I don't think I would take any steps out on the ice.