Sunday, January 30, 2022

Ekermanska Malmgården

Ekermanska Malmgården
Ekermanska Malmgården dates back to around 1750 when this was a very poor part of Stockholm. Built by Adolf Ludvig Ekerman. It was an Inn many years ago, called Lätta Lifvet. It was also used as a grocery store. The building had no running water before the 1950s. Today owned by the city, who leases it to the local historical association. There is also a café here. I sometimes come this way going to or from the big Tantolunden park at Södermalm.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

That is such a pleasing scene it makes me wish I could walk along there.

RedPat said...

It looks wonderful!

William Kendall said...

I'm reminded of a church.

JudithK said...

I trust they have piped in running water now. It is a nice building, and a nice street.

Amy said...

It's quite a large building, I can see why it was used a a supermarket