Sunday, December 26, 2021

Winter Count 2021

Winter Count 2021
My twelfth Winter Count. The year started with snow in January, that was soon followed by a lot of flooding around Tungelsta so that is my January photo for this year's Winter Count. A couple of the usual suspects were out and about here and there in the first half of the year. So my February photo is a photo from one such outing, at Ytterjärna where you can find some interesting architecture. I photographed quite a few local construction sites around Haninge. The March photo comes from Vegastaden. I climbed three or maybe even four hills in April. One of the hills featured a Vårdkase in Sorunda. I saw a few palaces and castles this year, this one, Tullgarn is a favorite, I stopped by there back in May. I bought a very expensive e-bike in the early Summer, so a photo of the Gazelle Ultimate 8, shot in Tyresö represents June. July saw a lot of rides around Stockholm with visits to many places, including a few beaches like this one at Hornsberg. I saw at least four bands playing live music in Stockholm during the year, so a photo from Götgatsbacken showing Ladies Got the Blues will represent August. Always fun to photograph the long arm of the law hard at work, so that is what I did on a sunny day in September. October means Autumn photos, so here is one such photo from Södermalm. I took a lot of photos of famous buildings in Stockholm this year. City Hall, or Stadshuset is probably the most known and photographed building in the nation's capital. Seen here from Riddarholmen on a day in November. The main focus for me and my photography this year was Street and Stockholm, so here is one such snap from Gamla Stan.

7 comments:

s.c said...

Nice and convenient overview. Well done.

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

Bill said...

A nice review of the year. I like this, well done.

RedPat said...

I enjoyed all your shots from Stockholm this year after you got the e-bike.

Sharon said...

Such an excellent selection of photos to describe the year!

magiceye said...

Beautiful collage!

LuiZ FernandoS said...

My favorites are January and November