Saturday, December 18, 2021

A rant...

Rant (part two)
A bit of a rant here. The Swedish Air Force will do a fly-by over the country during the festive season. They fly in a Christmas tree formation, which is always a spectacular thing to see. They use either the JAS 39 Gripen, or the SK 60. Everything is of course weather permitting this time of the year, and they had to cancel the first couple of flybys over Stockholm, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, because of the gray sky. But it cleared up on Thursday and I stood ready with the trusted Canon at my new favorite place, the woodland cemetery just outside Stockholm. After waiting for ten minutes, I gave up and went indoors to warm up my hands. Another ten minutes later I could hear the Gripen fighter jets, but from my position on the bike out on the road I couldn't see them. Then a couple of hours later, on my way home, I could hear the SK 60s approaching. So I jumped off the bike, managed somehow to get the right camera, (with the 70-300 mm lens), out of the bag and aimed it at the sky and shot in burst mode until the planes disappeared. Unfortunately I photographed them from behind, so you can't really see the Christmas tree here unless you try standing on your head I guess. End of rant.

4 comments:

Andy said...

STEFAN JANSSON you are dedicated photographer... nice try. ✈ ✈ ✈

RedPat said...

It is possible to make out how the Christmas tree would be formed. Such dedication.

William Kendall said...

It still makes a good shot.

s.c said...

May I say that I find it a bit strange but indeed for photographers a not to miss opportunity.