Friday, July 02, 2021

The Before Photo

The Before Photo
Out on a bike ride at Hammersta I stopped for a photo of the sky. Little did I know what was about to happen. From nowhere (not really), it started to rain, and it came down very hard. I stopped and tried to get my rain poncho on, and that took a while because of the strong winds so I was soaking wet within a few seconds. I pedaled on but then it started to hail. So hard that it hurt my head, and visibility was down to a few meters. I decided to hide out at a bus shelter at Gryt. When I got there it was already packed with people. One cyclist gave me a nod, two bikers were there as well as a few women with a stroller, one of them lent me her umbrella. So we stood there for a while looking at the weather, another biker turned up just as the thunderstorm got underway. Lightning hit nearby a couple of times and when that finally stopped I decided to bike home in the hard rain. Sure was an interesting ride home.

7 comments:

s.c said...

Great view with that green and sky. I love it.

Andy said...

I am glad you manage to get through the storm safely. ☔

Sharon said...

That must have been quite an adventure. I'm glad you made it home safely but I bet you were wet to the core. You got a great photo in spite of it all.

Marleen said...

That memory will stay on this photo forever. There is a lot going on in that sky.

Bill said...

Wow, what an adventurous ride one that you'll always remember. Glad you made it home safely.

William Kendall said...

A few days back I was walking and got into rain like that. The contents of my backpack were okay, as I had enough time to move things into protected pockets that needed so, but my clothes were drenched.

Stefan Jansson said...

Cycling home from Stockholm last week it rained really hard for 20 kilometers, also a bike ride to remember, I even took a wrong turn as visibility was too low!