Monday, June 21, 2010

Two Englishmen Up a Tree

The Tree Surgeon

Oli&Tom

Two Tree Surgeons

Out on a bike ride on Sunday I decided to head over to the art gallery in Österhaninge for a cup of coffee in their garden. Half way there I had to stop at the nature reserve Gullringskärret in Jordbro when I noticed a man up a tree. After a closer look I realised that there was another man higher up the tree. It turned out to be a couple of tree surgeons out practising their craft. The guy on the top photo is Oli from Liverpool. He is an arborist student. He has been working in Sweden since November of last year. A bit of bad timing considering that we experienced the coldest winter in many years, and Oli told me that it had been a tough few months. Oli lives in Jordbro with his colleague Tom, who at the time of our meeting was high up the tree. Both guys works at a company called Wells Trädvård.

7 comments:

Janet said...

You got some good pictures of a job I'd never want to have!

Luis Gomez said...

Great post.

Olivier said...

cela me rapelle mon enfance quand on jouait à cache-cache ;o) bon c'est vrai que l'on montait moins haut

Peter said...

A risky profession, they would get plenty of work around my house - send them downunder!

Unknown said...

Great shots! Now you made me think of the canopy tour I've done in the northern argentinian jungle! :-)

Jilly said...

Thanks for the link to these shots, Steffe. Fabulous shots and my goodness those are big trees compared to the little ones in Monaco!

Stefan Jansson said...

It is an interesting place. The stone age people lived here way back when. There's a sign next to the big tree with some info bout life here a few thousand years ago.