Thursday, November 19, 2009

Multitasking

He's on the phone

This was a bit of a surprise. Normally all the anglers in Handen fish at Lower Lake Rudan, and always from the piers. And as that's where the fishing club plants the fish that's where you are likely to catch it, at the lower lake. These guys were at Upper Lake Rudan. And they were fishing from a boat. They did look very professional with their matching outfits, and the silent going electric out-boarder didnt look cheap. But I have never heard that there are any fish in this lake! I asked them if they had caught any fish and the answer was no. Fishing is supposed to be very relaxing. A chance to get away from it all. At least that is what all the anglers and ice fishers that I have met at Lake Rudan keep telling me, so why was this guy on the phone? Perhaps he called his wife and told her that dinner would be served very late in the day!


I am making a few photo calendars for 2010 in case anyone is interested. The first one is up for sale already. They are not very expensive, and obviously all the photos are fantastic! If you have seen a photo here on the blog, or over at flickr that you think would look good in a calendar, just let me know and I will design one for you.

10 comments:

brattcat said...

And why are they standing? Is that normal to stand in a row boat while fishing?

Lowell said...

A wonderful photo, Steffe. Funny, too. They're standing because it's too darn cold to sit down. Boy, it looks cold. And it gets even colder when you're not catching any fish.

Methinks they oughta be careful, though, 'cause one wrong move and they're both in the drink!

Don and Krise said...

Great photo, great commentary as usual Steffe. I figured that he was calling his wife to tell her the big one got away and she should call for pizza.

Olivier said...

beau reflet et belle couleur. tu étais aussi sur une barque pour pêcher ?

Lois said...

The water is so calm and beautiful! If I was that guy, I would be afraid of dropping my phone in the lake.

bitingmidge said...

He's probably just checking what the legal size of salmon is! Love your calendars as well Steffe!

Sunshine Coast Daily Photo - Australia

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

That's called a "bass boat" here, with the motor operated with the feet. I often see men standing in the boat to fish, although I would be worrying about falling in the cold water! I recently caught a picture of a kayaker on the cell phone, too; one just can't get away from the things.
Three Rivers Daily Photo

Allison said...

I think he's calling his wife to see if SHE knows where to catch fish! How embarassing for him!

AB said...

Desperately ringing round friends to pick up some angling tips?

Amy said...

Beautiful! I love fishing!