Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Soulmates

The Soulmates

Meet the soulmates. Stålis and Faber. It was hard not to notice them in their long black leather coats in Handen a couple of days ago, and I figured they would be interesting to talk with. They told me that they share everything. Like what? I asked. Oh, you know, everything from boys to underwear! Stålis is a secondary school student at the electrician school at Telefonplan. Faber has quit her studies and is hoping for a future in the music business. The girls play in a new band. Stålis is a vocalist and Faber plays the drums. They are members of Black Sheep at Solna, a music scene where many girls play. When there's a gig at Black Sheep the girls help out with security. Faber is working there at the moment and they are planning for a two day music festival next summer.

6 comments:

brattcat said...

This is a great portrait and a great story. I love the affection between them, the physical contact, and the echo of their heads leaning at the same angle in opposite directions. Terrific capture, Steffe.

B SQUARED said...

I get the impression from being a fan of your blog that there are an inordinate amount of people in your area either in or hoping to be in the music business.

Don and Krise said...

I was thinking the same thing. You have talked to quite a few involved in music in one way or another. I really like this photo. You can almost feel the deep friendship here.

Stefan Jansson said...

Everyone loves music. And I'm pretty good at reading people.

Christchurch Photo Diary said...

This is cool! Since I started a City Daily Photo blog about three months ago I have talked to so many people that I wouldn't have had any reason to talk to before. Now I am a (friendly, genuinely interested) nosy parker! I am going to take some time to read through your people postings...
Cheers!
S.P.

VP said...

Nice portrait and story, I wish them luck with music. No friends with these names here...