Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Finnish Connection

Anni-Maija Fincke


Tampereen Pyrintö

Juha Suntila

Orienteering is a big sport in the Nordic countries. You have already seen the winners of the 25manna race, Halden from Norway. Today I will show you three photos with a Finnish connection. First up is Anni-Maija Fincke from the Finnish team Tampereen Pyrintö. Anni-Maija ran the last leg for her team, and they finished in second place. Pyrintö is the girl in the background. The girl in the foreground is Erica Andersson from Lunds OK. Second photo shows members of the Tampereen Pyrintö club celebrating and posing for the media . On the third photo you can see Juha from another Finnish club, Turun Suunnistajat, or if it is Turun Metsänkävijät. I met him as he was making his way back to his teams tent after he had finished his leg. Juha was very tired and had a bad hangover, not a good combination for an athlete I think!

12 comments:

MrsLittleJeans said...

Cheery looking team!

Tinsie said...

A Finn with black hair? I think not ;-)

brattcat said...

Another triple crown of portraits.

Lowell said...

Are you saying that the Finns failed to finish first?

Sheesh!

Love the photos, Steffe!

Olivier said...

bravo pour la première photo, on voit toute la force et la volonté du coureur

B SQUARED said...

The Finnish team at the finish line. Sorry, couldn't help it.

Allison said...

Can you get the name of the babe in the background wearing shades for me, Steffe? Thanks!

Antjas said...

Love these colorful action shots. By the way, you've piqued my curiosity. I'd love to see your Coke photo and learn how to make money from a hobby.

Stefan Jansson said...

Some "quality" jokes here!

Stefan Jansson said...

You can see the Coca-Cola photo here Antjas.

Mo said...

Love your coke photo. I can see why they wanted it. Perfect for a cover.

VP said...

My compliments for your Coca-Cola photo, it's very good ans I'm glad they appreciated it by the sound of pounds!