Monday, July 20, 2009

Two Cool Dudes

The Work Mates

I was in Handen when I noticed these two guys leaving a tattoo parlour and figured they would be interesting to talk with. And I was right. Meet Hugo and Robban. They haven't been friends for very long, they met while working. Hugo was the most talkative of the two. He is originally from Norrköping and is looking for an apartment in the Stockholm area whilst living at his sister's place in Västerhaninge. He described himself as a skater who is interested in piercings and computers. Robban was the one who was going to get the tattoo, and he was at the parlour to book a sitting. The tattoo he wanted was some sort of skull on his left arm. Robban's big hobby is fantasy painting, and he is apparently a decent artist. After I took a few snaps of the guys, Hugo asked if I could shoot a few portraits of him, which I did then and there. And if he liked the photos he said he was going to buy them, and I have mailed him a contact sheet.

9 comments:

Lowell said...

Good luck with the purchase. An interesting pair and a nice portrait, Steffe...

MrsLittleJeans said...

I hope they he goes for temporary tattoos...he may want to market that in Sweden. Besides that, a very interesting shot.

Don and Krise said...

Another great example of the variety of people that cross your path. I'm glad you take advantage of it.

Olivier said...

rock and rool attitude ;)

Sally said...

You are such a great portraitist, and conversationalist, by the evidence!

All the best from me at Sydney Daily Photo. I’m so busy with a new job I hardly have time to post, much less comment these days!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos as usual and the words are fascinating as well.

Your visit will count and help me Make History.
Pick a Peck of Pixels

B SQUARED said...

Piercings and computers? Let's hope he doesn't confuse the two. Interesting how styles of dress change over time.

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks all. I was going to fix a photo for Hugo. He wanted a portrait with a black background, something I planned to do in PS, but unfortunately my computer has crashed twice the last week, so I think he will have to wait a while. I'm typing this on a borrowed PC.

VP said...

Sorry for your computer, nice couple of guys even if I can't understand some of their interests: how can one be interested in piercing? It's like to say that one is interested in painting his nails or cutting his hair... I know, I'm getting older by the day.