Saturday, July 11, 2009

Nina

Nina

A while back on what probably was the warmest day of the year I had just decided to cut my bike ride short due to the heat. And on my way home I spotted this woman at Torvalla in Handen and figured she was up for a quick portrait and a question or two. This is Nina. She turned out to be the manager of the big restaurant Parabolen at City Hall here in Handen, so she has probably met a few of the other people I have photographed around here, like perhaps Rikard Lundin, the city planner who work in the same building. Nina lives in Handen, and when I met her she was out on a promenade that would probably end down at the beach at Lake Rudan.

11 comments:

Clueless in Boston said...

Nina looks like a no nonsense woman who is probably good at her job as a restaurant mangager.

Meri said...

Another interesting face to photograph.

Don and Krise said...

And so you add another to the list. All of them interesting in their own way.

brattcat said...

Steffe, do you feel that you've made a permanent connection with these people you photograph? I love this portrait. You've caught a quality to her skin that is luscious.

B SQUARED said...

Gotta love the hair.

Leif Hagen said...

Nice portrait of Nina! Does she have some friends named St. Maria and Pinto? I loved your PIG sculpture yesterday!

Lowell said...

Ah, you sure make this city daily photo blogging look like a lot of fun!

She's quite beautiful. Maybe you should check out her restaurant...?

An excellent portrait.

eamon@ewmphotography said...

Inspirational photos and the vignettes accompanying them are just the right size. I'll be visiting daily Steffe :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, Steffe. I enjoyed visiting the links in the post too. Is her hair white?

VP said...

I like Nina and her portrait, she has an interesting job too.

Stefan Jansson said...

No-nonsense women are the best! As for a connection, it depends on how much time I spend with each and everyone. Some of the people I have photographed I have later met again.

I think that is a very wise move Eamon!

I don't know what her hair color is Abe as I couldn't see it.