Friday, May 15, 2009

Sony vs. Canon

Sony vs. Canon

On a recent bike ride I saw these two photographers on a field near Hemfosa ready to shoot, so obviously I had to stop for a chat. Meet Mikael known as Getwet at Fotosidan, and Bosse, Bappel at that same photo community. My first assumption was that they were trainspotters, as they were aiming their cameras towards the railtrack. That wasnt the case. They were practising shooting moving objects. Mikael (Sony), to the left comes from Lundby in Sorunda and his friend Bosse (Canon) comes from Södertälje. They are windsuring friends and can often be seen surfing at Fituna. We had time to talk about cameras and photography until exactly 2 :24 P.M. because that's when the commuter could be seen. I hope the photos came out great guys. As the train approached I took a few steps back and took another photo of the photographers and the passing commuter train.

Swoooosh

11 comments:

Lowell said...

This is so well done...great photos...you've captured the spirit of these guys very well!

Copenhagen said...

Wow...both men are well prepared.

VP said...

Nice story of fellow photographers. Without any practice o tripod you fitted the train exactly in the frame. With the photographers.

Jilly said...

What fabulous reportage, Steffe. Super photo of the two guys and their gear. Interesting one uses a mono-pied (forgotten what it's called in English).

And super you got the photographs plus train.

Anonymous said...

You did get a nice moving shot. I wonder what they got?

Abraham Lincoln's Blog

Tinsie said...

Nice story - and a great shot of a moving object too!

AB said...

Looks like Steffie got some practice in shooting moving objects, too.

Diederick Wijmans said...

As Jaboc mentioned, you captured the spirit of these two fellows perfectly well. It is great when friends can do things together like photography! Great shot!

Stefan Jansson said...

That's a good question Abe. I haven't seen any commuter train photos from them at their photo community yet. I do actually have a couple of tripods, but I rarely use them. But sometimes when I clone myself I do use them.

Leif Hagen said...

Vilen kille ar duktigare? Vilken fotoapparat ar battre? Vad har du for kamera? Halsningar fran vanlig EAGAN - ha det sa bra!

Stefan Jansson said...

A good photographer can use any camera. It doesn't matter what brand it is or how much it costs. I normally use a Canon Digital Rebel.