Wednesday, May 06, 2009

No Total Recall

No Total Recall

I always have my eyes open for interesting people these days. So when I spotted this young woman in Västerhaninge, I knew I had to ask her for a portrait. And as I always do I started by explaining why I wanted to take her photo, and where it would end up. But I was cut off in mid sentence by Madde, who informed me that we had met before, and that I already had taken a portrait of her! That's a bit embarrassing! And hence the title ( I don't have a photographic memory). But in my defence, she did look a bit different last summer when we met at the Cruiser Meet. And she herself said " I probably had red hair that time", but that wasnt the case, but her friend Sandra did. Anyway, since we met Madde has been busy partying the weekends away on a number of Silja Line cruises. Arranged by the Bandit radio Station. And the next cruise, Se7en deadly sins on M/S Silja Galaxy was planned for the day after we met. The cruise is a non stop party with live bands and I hope it was a fun weekend Madde!

8 comments:

Olivier said...

beau portrait, mélange des années hippie et des années 2000.
beautiful portrait, a mixture of hippie years and 2000 years.

Julie said...

Yes, that could be embarrassing! Interesting life this young woman is living ... not my style but so long as she is happy with it is all that matters.

B SQUARED said...

Love the Hendrix shirt. I wonder if she knows who he is?

AB said...

I think we need face recognition software built into our mobile phones. Software that is not too susceptible to changes in hair colour.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot. I don't like the lip rings or the tongue pins but some people do I guess. I can't imagine going out on a date and trying to kiss a girl with lips filled with pins. Maybe it is possible.

cieldequimper said...

I think this hairdo (?) suits her better!

Lowell said...

That is such a funny story. I do things like that all the time, and it can be embarrassing...but like you said, she did look different.

Bob Crowe said...

There is something tender and funny about a young Swedish woman wearing a Jimi Hendrix tee shirt, someone who died so long ago. I love the combination of her shoes and bag with the wonderful light on them.

Thanks for all your recent comments on St. Louis Daily Photo!