Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Englishman

Gareth and Eddie

Say hello to Gareth and Eddie. Eddie is the one in the pram. I met them near the old Nödesta farm a while back. It was a warm and sunny day, perfect for a stroll with the pram. Gareth is from Weymouth, England, but then love struck, and now he lives with his family in Västerhaninge. As he was only a km away from The Old Tree, I gave him directions there, but I later realised that it might have been a bit muddy walking down the path with the pram, so I hope he made it home without too much of a problem! On his free time Gareth plays jazz piano. Nothing too serious, but he is in a band. They call them selves Jazz Friends, and will play the occasional gig every now and then. And if they ever need a singer, I told him about Ulrika that I met last year.

12 comments:

cieldequimper said...

All your series of portraits is great, I'm really enjoying it!

That is the chicken said...

He looks very english...I think it's the scoks that do it! I'm allowed to comment...I lived in England many years. Englishmen love their socks!

Anonymous said...

Well done. Beautiful work.

EG CameraGirl said...

The shadows in this photo are very nice, Steffe.

You ar meeting some mighty nice people. I assume you're telling them about how they'll be on your blog so that's why they let you take there photo. Cool idea! ;-)

Julie said...

For some reason he does look VERY English!

Now if he was pushing the pram, who was on the bike? You?

Lowell said...

Pretty jazzy photo, too, Steffe!

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm always on the bike! It's my preferred way of transportation. Whenever I ask someone for a portrait I always explain where the photos can be seen and what the purpose is and I also give my models a MOO Minicard with all my contact info and with a photo on the other side.

VP said...

I was going to ask about the bike, but you have already answered. Nice idea the Minicard...

Lois said...

He looks like a very proud papa!

Sally said...

Looks like he has good tread on those pram tyres :-)
Thanks for the birthday greetings! Very much appreciated from a great photographer like you. When I grow up I want to do Steffe portraits!! Sydney Daily Photo

Sally said...

PS moo cards are fabulopus aren;t they! They strike the balance between formality and informality and give you a bit of "cred" as well.

AB said...

Are we English so recognisable?

Nice tip about the Moo cards. I wondered if I tried this myself with strangers how I would give them the blog address. The Moo cards are the perfect solution.