Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Almost Like a Summer Day

Like a Summer Day

A few days ago, on the warmest day of the year, the roads were filled with happy cyclists. I saw Marie coming towards me, waved to her and she stopped at Stenliden, or to be more precise where Stenliden used to be.Surprisingly it was Marie's first bike ride of the year (she prefers slalom skiing in the winter time). Normally she enjoys spinning, and told me about a three hour Marathon spinning exercise at a nearby gym recently. Sounds tough I said, but she explained that with a good instructor and great music it was easy. Marie lives in Västerhaninge and works at an accounting firm. She is planning to ride the 300 km Vätternrundan race in the middle of June this year, so she needs to get a few miles on the bike before then. And as the weather was summer like when we met, I'm guessing she was out for a few hours, just like me.

8 comments:

Lowell said...

You are quite a guy! I know it is difficult photographing beautiful women, but you've proven you're up to the task.

Another sweet Swede!

VP said...

A bit on the hyperactive side, but I am not best to judge. My idea of sport is a long stroll with my camera... Again a good shot and a nice story.

B SQUARED said...

My wife is a biker. Her season is about to end because of the heat and humidity.

Stefan Jansson said...

It really isn't that difficult Jacob, I see beautiful women everywhere. Most people I ask for a portrait (including men), say yes. I know that feeling B Squared,I enjoy island hopping in the Greek archipelago and on one visit I was going to rent a bike just to ride out to the beach, butt it was 48C and I had problems even walking.

Lowell said...

Hi Steffe -

We have left an award for you at The Villages Daily Photo (http://thevillagesdailyphoto.blogspot.com), which you can pick up at your leisure.

Hope you're having a good day!

Antjas said...

I like your recent run of portraits, but this one especially since I've been spinning all winter and on Sunday I took my first ride out on the road. You have inspired me to take more portraits, and as you've said, most people don't mind having their pictures taken. Your people are so colorful!

Anonymous said...

I admire your ability to go and ask strangers if you can take their photo. I lack that ability! Your collections great and I like your widget thingey at the bottom too.

Stefan Jansson said...

I can totally understand that Lisa. I took my first street portrait last winter and I was very nervous. But over time it gets much easier, and I always give everyone my card with contact info and I think that is a good idea if you would like to try something like this. And if you check out the 100 Strangers flickr group there are a few discussion threads about how to get going with something like this.