Sunday, December 07, 2008

Santa

Santa

Meet the Brandbergen Santa. Or Ronny as his friends call him. He was at a Christmas Market in Tungelsta on Saturday. Ronny is a certified Santa and a member of the Swedish Santa Association. He hurt his back many years ago and was unable to work for a long time. Then his friend and neighbour from Brandbergen asked him if he would like a job as a Santa. That was six years (and many Christmas Markets), ago. On his first gig the kids pulled his fake beard and Ronny quickly learned his lesson. Now he has a true Santa beard. As I talked to Ronny, sorry, Santa, his boss came over. He looked kinda familiar, and as I talked to him (the Boss), I found out that he often works with my sister Inger's, former husband, Sven Erik Wingmyr, when they tour around the country with a square dance group, where Sven Erik works as a caller. Like I use to say, it's a small world after all. After this chat and a few photos Santa got back to work as the rain (not snow), continued to fall.

As I really enjoyed the 100 Strangers Project, I have decided to continue with that type of portraits. This is the third photo in the series .

No comments: