Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Wandering on foot

Gustaf Fröding
I have been wanting to photograph this spot for a while. This is at Djurgårdsbrunn on Royal Djurgården. Up among the Autumn colored trees and the inviting benches, you can also see a sculpture. It depicts troubled poet Gustaf Fröding. I was never really familiar with his work as poetry is not my cup of tea. But ten years ago the pop group Mando Diao made a record called Infruset. It was based on Fröding's work, and the song that really spoke to me, and many other's were Strövtåg i hembygden which was a poem that Fröding wrote in 1896. The song by Mando Diao is well worth a listen. Please try this Youtube video with both Swedish and English subtitles.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

A peaceful view.

Linda said...

Interesting poem (song now) of nostalgia. I miss my parents too.

RedPat said...

A very touching song.

roentare said...

The music sounds aloft in a way. Beautiful surrounding and another interesting story to read about it.