Thursday, April 20, 2017

Aprilväder

Pier Fishing
The last time I posted a photo showing you the Hårsfjärden Bay, at my favorite beach, Årsta Havsbad, we still had some snow and ice left. That was back in February. Since then the weather have been very unpredictable with Spring like temperatures followed by snowfalls, strong winds and then warmer weather again just to give you a little hope of Spring. Now it's mid-April and Spring feels a long way away. Yesterday it cleared up and the sun came out so I decided to take the fixie down to the beach and have a look for any sign of that elusive Spring. But just as I parked the bike the clouds moved in and the wind picked up again. The place was deserted, well almost, I spotted one guy out on the pier, fishing. He must have been prepared because he was out there for at least half an hour and it was bitterly cold. I had brought a light lunch and was planning to eat it down by the water but gave up on that idea as I walked down to the beach. After a promenade I walked up to the hill overlooking the area and snapped a photo of a couple that had just walked out to another pier. Twenty minutes later I sat on a bench near Årsta castle. By then the sun was back and it really felt like Spring again, I ate my lunch as I watched a few golfers making their way around the golf course at the old castle. Aprilväder translates to April weather and that means that you can expect anything from Summer to Winter, sunshine and hail storms at any time.

5 comments:

Lowell said...

Love the photo! It reminds me so much of Minnesota lakes. But I think I'd wait to go swimming until things warmed up a bit!

William Kendall said...

Just looking at the water, it feels cold.

Bill said...

The weather seems so unpredictable these days but eventually it will level out, at least you hope. Here, it's so windy and feels cold at times then the sun will make an appearance and it feels nice.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well even though it was typical unpredictable April weather, if still sounds like you had an invigorating day Steffe! I think April is unpredictable everywhere!

Stefan Jansson said...

Sound like Haninge Bill.

That is probably true Grace. Full storm outside my window at the moment. A bunch of kids are playing a game of football on the pitch here, rather them than me.