Monday, September 16, 2013

That Old Tree

That Old Tree A Concerned Neighbour
On my most recent visits to the old tree, I have noticed logging activity in the area around Mulsta. Many trees have been cut down. When I met Christina (Tarantino's favorite actress), on the field close to the old tree, she asked me if my tree was still there. I'm happy to report that it is. She was mostly worried about the habitat for the Lesser Spotted Woodpecker (Dendrocopos minor), at Klem's Hill, a small hillside that you can see down the path on my tree photos. Christina was on her way to talk with the loggers as she had gotten different answer from different people regarding where the loggers would go next. I heard back from Christina later, and she told me that she has put a temporary stop to the logging activity via Stora Enso. The portrait of Sweden's' most photographed woman was shot as a Brenizer-style photo using the 85mm lens.

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Thanks for this update on that old tree. And more power to Christina in her efforts!

John said...

Most photographed woman, and proably the most photographed tree in Sweden, both in the one post.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The old tree's trunks and branches are not straight enough to yield much useful lumber, I would think.

Judy said...

John has already said what I was thinking so I will just say that I hope "That Old Tree" will be allowed to live.

LOLfromPasa said...

Always love seeing your tree. Interesting about Christina too.

Jack said...

I love your old tree series, and look forward to updates. Christina probably has lots of influence.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Seriously Steffe, if they make any moves on the old tree..get the chains out and attach yourself ...then get someone to take a photo so we can see :)