Friday, October 28, 2011

Armed Robbery

Armed Robbery

I heard the police car sirens yesterday afternoon. It was an armed robbery. A gold and watch store near the mall in Handen had just been robbed. I arrived as the police started questioning witnesses. I talked to the guy on the bench. He told me that he saw two robbers running out from the store, and driving off in a car. The window in the door to the store was smashed. He then said the same thing to the police officer, that also asked me if I had seen anything. The eyewitness eye-sight wasn't up to par, so he didn't know the make or model of the getaweay car. Half an hour later as I was on my way home the police had called off a large area around the store and a few photographers had arrived. The guy with the Sony camera works for TV4.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Something you don't want to see in person!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wow talk about being right where the action is Steffe, great coverage. That is a very impressive camera the news guy is using.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Maybe if the store had more security cameras on the inside, there would be fewer occasions when people with cameras gather on the outside.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Scary but interesting at the same time.

youth_in_asia said...

Both nerve wracking and fascinating. Obviously I hope everyone was OK and it's not something you WANT to happen, but it is neat to be right there.

On a completely unrelated note, is that a new gold watch you're wearing? (joking!)

Peter said...

Shame you weren't there with your nifty fifty and got a mug shot.

Stefan Jansson said...

I had the Nifty Fifty on the camera as I came around the corner, but quickly switched to the 18-55mm lens. I had planned to take a portrait of the witness on the bench, but the police just kept on talking with him so I continued down to the cafe, where I showed the photos to Andrea, who told me that the witness was a regular at the cafe, so I might try for a portrait with the Nifty Fifty if I see him there.