Thursday, October 07, 2010

Persistence Pays Off

Persistence Pays Off




I have a thing for redheads. Some time ago I asked this young woman for a portrait when I met her at Nederstaleden, but she turned me down, claiming to have a bad hair day or something like that. I don't give up that easy so when I met her again a few days ago she had changed her mind about being photographed. This is Ylva. She was on her way to the Björklund horse farm (see the slideshow), which is owned by the police Thomas. The horse farm is where she keeps her horse Putte. A North Swedish Horse. Ylva is a secondary school student, and is a future decorator (house painter). She told me that there are six girls in her class of fifteen students.

11 comments:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

A beautiful girl. Good shot.
Have a good Wednesday !
Wong

VP said...

I share your preferences, in this case perfectly reasonable and justifieed.

Chuckeroon said...

Steffe...I'm waiting for Mr Wallander to drive across the scene. He would then look very appologetic and ask you a question.

B SQUARED said...

A much better hair day, I'm sure.

Lois said...

I'm glad she agreed this time. She does have lovely hair!

stromsjo said...

...persistence and a Moo Card, I presume?

Anonymous said...

I wonder why some girls, ladies, or females, poke pieces of iron with balls on the ends through their faces?

Stefan Jansson said...

Mr. Wallander lives in Ystad, so that really would be a bit surprising if he turned up here.


Everyone I photograph for this blog gets a MOO mini-card Per.

I don't know Abe, but people have been doing that for 5000 years.

Tove said...

Hej!
Vill du kan du hämta något här! :)
http://tovesfoton.blogspot.com/2010/10/ibland-blir-man-bonhord.html

Buck said...

I love your portraits!
A card is an excellent idea, I wish I'd thought of it.

Sharon Creech said...

Beautiful girl, beautiful horses!