Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just a friendly game of boules

Just a friendly game of boules

I met this group of pensioners in Handen on Monday. They all live at Lärkträdet, a housing cooperative, which consists of seven apartment buildings overlooking Lake Rudan. They were playing a game of boules, and I decided to shoot some photos of the action! The people you see here are in no particular order, Jochen, Inga-Britt,Gun, Ingegerd and Valle. We talked a bit about the game and I gave them one of my moo cards.

9 comments:

Olivier said...

tu tires ou bien tu pointes, la plus grande question existentialiste du sud de la France ;o)

Don and Krise said...

Good for them. I'ts good that they get outside and remain active. I'd keep my eyes open though. Wouldn't want to get bonked by a stray ball.

T. Becque said...

So I see your Moo cards do indeed work for you! Thank you for your information on the cards, I appreciate you taking the time.

B SQUARED said...

I've never heard of that game before.

Stefan Jansson said...

It's a popular sport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boules

Lois said...

It looks like they are having fun! Someone gave me a set of those for Christmas once, but I never quite got around to playing.

stromsjo said...

It's supposed to be a laid back kind of game. Never tried it. Have you?

Stefan Jansson said...

I have played boccia of course, but never boule. I remember watching some on a visit to Paris. Back then it was a new game to me and very French.

Leif Hagen said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I guess some of my relatives in Norrland play it, too! Seems to be a good game for friends of all ages!