Monday, October 20, 2008

The Architect and the Ethologist

The Architect and the Ethologist

This is Andreas and Adde from Brandbergen. I met them at Skutan in Handen on Saturday. They were planning to go for a walk along the nature path. They have known each other for twenty years and met at Secondary school. Andreas is an architect. He has designed a few buildings on the island of Gotland and one house at Alby here in Haninge. Today he lectures at KTH, the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. On his free time he enjoys the Japanese Martial Art Aikido ,which he also teaches at a local club in Brandbergen. Adde is an ethologist who has worked as a researcher at the zoological institution at the Stockholm University. He is a keen nature photographer hence the camera (as is Andreas btw), and he also enjoys bird watching. When I was ready to take their portrait my Canon died (Error 99). Luckily I had my point&shoot with me and took my photos with that camera. And guess what. As the guys headed off into the forest I walked back to the bird tower and obviously the Canon then came back to life again!

This is my 97th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

1 comment:

said...

It looks as if the local barber has, long since, been Aikidoed.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor