Saturday, September 21, 2024

The conversation

The conversation
Out strolling along Surbrunnsgatan. A woman, in her eighties, is sitting on a chair outside her flat. Sees the camera. Asks if I would like to take a photo of a mural. Oh, you mean the jungle, I respond. Oh, no, that one is over there, she says, and points down the crossing street. This one is just down my street, you can't miss it. It shows the house where Artur Hazelius grew up. You know, the man that founded Skansen. The house is long gone today, moved to Skansen, actually, so if you would like to see it go there. I pat her on the shoulder and says thank you, before walking down the street for a look at the mural. A young couple smiles as they walk into the parking garage when they see me lining up for the photo, probably used to see photographers doing just that. After taking my photo I wave to the woman and she smiles and gives me a nod. The mural was made by the artist Frida Hård af Segerstad.

No comments: