Saturday, October 10, 2020

October BBQ

Slippery When Wet Skälåkersviken Autumn Birch Gålö Havsbad Gålö Havsbad Cliffs at Skälåker Windswept Pine October BBQ
Together with two of the usual suspects, I visited the Gålö nature reserve earlier this week. I showed you photos from a previous visit a couple of months ago. This time we decided to have a BBQ at the beach at Skälåker. It was a warm and beautiful Autumn afternoon, I had chatted with the meteorologists at SMHI the day before and they had promised great weather and they were right. The Chef of the day was Jujja (to the right on the last photo). We used the Gerry Weber grill that Hasse, (sitting at the table), got for his birthday this year. As Jujja prepared the food I went for a photo walk along the beach and over to the slippery cliffs, the first thing I did was to fall and hurt my back. Being a Viking I soldiered on and just before I got back to the guys I slipped off a very slippery footbridge and ended up standing in the mud. After complaining about my misfortune and getting laughed at we ate the best ever grilled salmon in the history of the world so all in all it was a great Autumn day. We are planning another outing tomorrow so chances are that I will show you some photos from another nature reserve in the coming days.

6 comments:

contempladoraocidental.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful scenery.
Hope you're not in pain.?

RedPat said...

I have great memories of wonderful outdoor meals at this time of year. The landscape there looks so much like my part of Canada!

JudithK said...

Hope you can get out of bed tomorrow.. Guess we'll find out.
Though a Viking might not tell.

waldlaeufer68 Frank Scholtyssek said...

Hello Stefan
I found your blog by chance and I am frog about it, as a fan of Sweden - :-) I am enthusiastic about your pictures and can already dream of vacation, I am following you now and I am looking forward to more beautiful pictures
Greetings from Germany
Frank

Stefan Jansson said...

As I said this was earlier in the week and I did have a hard time getting out of bed for a couple of days. I'm getting ready for today's BBQ/trek as I'm typing this. Glad you found your way here Frank, many more photos at my flickr site.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh Steffe, believe me I've had a couple of croppers myself, not much fun 😉 what beautiful surroundings for a barbecue, grilled salmon is one of my favourite meals, glad that you ended the visit in a delicious way ✨