Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Big Knit

The Big Knit
I paid two SEK extra when I bought this Innocent smoothie. That money will go to the Swedish Red Cross and they in turn will give the money to the lonely elderly. People were asked to knit miniature caps and more than 50 000 caps were made. If you are a good knitter it will just take ten minutes to create something like this. You can use the cap as an egg warmer. I enjoyed the smoothie on a pier at lake Rudan. Gallery here: www.denstorastickningen.se/galleri

2 comments:

Lowell said...

I like. It's interesting and unique and a way to be of help to us lonely elderly people. The women in my family, old Swedes mostly (with a little Norwegian thrown in for good measure), all were knitters. I even tried it for a time when I was a kid but didn't have the patience or the skill.

William Kendall said...

A neat idea!