Thursday, April 21, 2016

That Old Tree

That Old Tree
Last time I showed you the old tree Jack figured we would see it greening the next time, well it didn't happen.I had a close look on this visit but the Swedish Whitebeam is a slow starter so maybe next time. Anyway this is my 467th photo of the tree, but the first one with my new camera, the full frame Canon 6D. It's not the newest model on the market, but for it's price one of the best. I have three lenses that work with it. The pancake lens. The nifty fifty and the 85mm lens. All I have to do now is to decide what zoom lens to buy.

7 comments:

Andy said...

I have been following your blog for a few years and I enjoy your photos of The Old Tree... and now I envy your new camera.

Lasse Jansson said...

Schysst statusbild på det gamla trädet. Utöver detta är det bra teckning i himlen och en snygg övergång från skärpa/oskärpa längst grusvägen. Jag gissar att du har samma utsnitt i bilden som alla dina andra trädbilder men det måste i så fall inneburit en annan optik eller en ny position där du tagit bilden. Fullformat vs crop-sensor gör stor skillnad vilket du lär märka mer än vid denna typ av välbekant motiv.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Maybe it's not quite hot enough to make the buds pop yet Steffe! The new camera sounds excellent but yeh, a long lens is almost essential these days, happy choosing :)

Stefan Jansson said...

Jag fuskar lite. Tog bilden med mitt 85mm-objektiv från samma plats som vanligt. Men jag fick ta ett gäng bilder och stitcha ihop fotona.

William Kendall said...

What a pretty day! Give it a couple of weeks for the buds to show.

RedPat said...

The buds are just starting to show here so I'm sure it will have buds the next time!

Jack said...

I was partially right. I see some green in the grass.

Always love seeing this old tree in the different seasons and different weather conditions. You are to be applauded for your perseverance in continuing to show it. It is a marvelous series.

You have a fine new camera, probably better than mine, but I am planning to keep mine until it fails.