Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Sholeh Bar

Sholeh Bar
Started as a smaller kiosk many years ago. My former class mate Susanne bought the place in the mid 1980s. She called it Sassagrillen. It has changed owners a couple of times. Last week they changed the name to Sholeh Bar. That is Persian for Burning Flame. I guess they will serve kebab and similar dishes. There is another Sholeh Bar in Handen. But it will still be the place where you pick up your DHL parcels! And that is what I did yesterday when I received new (Winter),tires and mud flaps for the steel horse.

11 comments:

Stuart said...

Now that's convenient. Pick up your package and get a kebab at the same time.

William Kendall said...

Quite an unconventional mixture: Persian food, mail, and a building that looks like a country store.

Stefan Jansson said...

They are redesigning it at the moment, adding a few more windows and moving the door from the middle of the front side. Lots of changes inside as well.

Anonymous said...

It will probably be called Sassagrillen for a long time =)

Sharon said...

I wondered if the name might have something to do with "flames" given the look of the sign.

VP said...

I like the name and the sign. Sadly I can't stand kebab's smell, so I will have troubles getting my packages there...

Lowell said...

I'm surprised there enough folks in the area who like this kind of food to make the place profitable.

I'm with VP: I'd get my stuff somewhere else.

Lois said...

I like their sign.

Jack said...

Persian food in Sweden. The world gets smaller all the time.

cieldequimper said...

Whatever, it looks very welcoming! You get tyres via mail???

Stefan Jansson said...

Very hard to find winter tires with spikes for my bike. Only 23mm wide. Iordered 30mm tires, and I'm not sure if they wil fit, but I promised to let the factory that made my bike know if they did.