Monday, May 06, 2013

That Old Tree

That Old Tree
It looks like we will get Summer temperatures this week. A bit unexpected, but very welcome after the cold Spring. When I headed down to the old tree it was maybe 15C and a bit windy. I passed the two girls out on the road, but luckily for me they were heading the same way, so a few minutes later they came riding down the path, which made for a fine photo. I wonder if I'm going to have to borrow a chainsaw from the farmer and remove that broken limb myself.

11 comments:

Jack said...

I like seeing the two riders in the photo. And, yes, it is time that someone removed that damaged limb.

Bob Crowe said...

Very good composition. It looks like the English countryside. Except it's the Swedish countryside.

Linda said...

Nice image! You got both an "S" curve AND a decisive moment.

Kay said...

Nice shot! After you remove the branch in your photo you're welcome to come here - we have several trees that need the same thing done. (Does this bother other people, or is it unique to photographers?)

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I have removed a leaf or a twig to enhance a photo, but never thought of removing a tree limb.

Judy said...

It seems that you might just have to do it yourself! Love this with the cute ponies and riders.

LOLfromPasa said...

Always great to see this old friend, your 'Old Tree'. I too am concerned about that branch. Love the photo just the same.

RedPat said...

I'm sure the old tree would be thankful for a bit of a trim!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yeeees! Do it Steffe, that branch is driving us all crazy haha!
btw I think you really would love to walk down St. Georges Terrace with your camera, it's seriously so diverse.

janerowena said...

Yes! It's driving me mad too! Plus you could have all that firewood.

Gunn said...

I like YOUR tree!:)