Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Guatemala

Guatemala
The collapsed barn Guatemala at the Nödesta farm. I don't know the story behind that name, but if I remember correctly it was the tractor babe, or perhaps her sister that told me the name a couple of years ago. Last time you saw this barn was through the mist back in November. The reason I was back this time was to document the tree turning green again. The barn lived to be 200 years old. A woman I know, who lives nearby at the Hammar Estate, once told me that she has a diary where one of her ancestors writes about his life as a farmer here. He worked in this barn when it was brand new. The old barn collapsed because of negligence and too much snow.

7 comments:

Kitty said...

I like this viewpoint, Steffe.
It's too bad that this building is in disrepair. It must have seen so many things.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Too bad about the collapse. The concept of a person having a diary that spans the generations living in the same place is an amazing treasure.

Lola B. said...

Happ to see that spring has sprung, finally, in Haninge. =)

Stefan Jansson said...

It was only a couple of years ago that I stopped here for a chat with Karin.

Linnea said...

Such an interesting find. I wonder how much longer it will remain upright. Perhaps if the next winter brings a lot of snow, that may spell its doom!

Unknown said...

My journey to Guatemala was one of the favourites. What a surprising name for a barn out there!

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Looks like a neat old place desperately clinging to its character as it slowly falls to the ground.

Darryl and Ruth :)