Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Crew Commander and the Fire-Fighter

The Crew Commander

Fire Truck

The Crew Commander (to the right), and one of the fire fighters. There was a fire at one of the restaurants at the mall in Handen this morning. The employees managed to stop the fire, but the fire-fighters had to go back a couple of times as there was a problem with the ventilation system. I heard the news on the radio, and when I checked my flickr friend Jim's photos he had a photo from the mall. As I arrived a few hours later fire-fighters were still at the scene. I talked a bit with the fire-fighters and the Crew Commander and they said that everything was under control.

6 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Firefighters the world over do noble work.

This comment is from someone who has greeted firefighters at our house at 3:00 in the morning with smoke so think that we could not see across the master bathroom.

Judy said...

I love to visit your blog. You always have such interesting pictures and the photography is outstanding. Although I don't always comment, I visit every day.

Gunn said...

Nice sharp photos.Informative and interesting.

Kim said...

Super portrait of these firefighters, Steffe. I like seeing their truck, too. Every location seems to have unique details about the equipment they have adopted for their fire department's use. I have several family members who are/were firefighters, so photos like this are very interesting to me. Not to mention they are nice looking guys! :-).
-Kim

Leif Hagen said...

Fun to see the firefighting heroes from Haninge! Not a Volvo fire truck?!

Stefan Jansson said...

Scania vehicles Leif. From Södertälje. Used to be Saab Scania. Today owned by Volkswagen. More info here.

That must have been a scary night Dave.

Thanks Jarart, comment away!

Glad you enjoyed the post Kim.