Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mystery Stones (part 2)

Mystery Stones

As promised yesterday, here are the other King Stones from Sanda in Österhaninge. These are cone-shaped and you will find them only a few meters away from the round stones. There are no signs here to tell you anything about these remarkable rocks. I have live in Haninge all my life and never heard anything about this. I'm always on the road (bicycle maniac) and I have passed here many times without spotting these stones, and they are only a few steps away from the road!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these stone photographs. There are huge round balls in the jungles of Central America left there by the local Indians. I wonder how those have stood upright all these years through earthquakes and things like that. I looks like children would push them over.

Thanks for visiting my blog and my post about the raccoon. I appreciate it a lot.

Gerald (SK14) said...

When I first saw these they reminded me of Brimham Rocks in Yorkshire where the standing stones have been left by glaciers and hewn into shape by erosion.
There are several instances of stones that seem to be balanced precariously yet are rock solid.
These from your photos seem to be more sculptured, though obviously a long time ago from the encrusted moss deposit.
In one sense it nice to know that something like this can be hidden away and not exploited for their tourist potential.
Now, of course, you have let the world know Dr. Livingstone.