Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Redpoll up a birch tree

Redpoll

This is a Redpoll, Carduelis flammea or Gråsiska in Swedish. I didnt know that when I uploaded the photo to flickr, so I posted it in a few bird groups and it was identified whitin a couple of hours. It is very unusual for this finch to be seen in this part of the country. Normally they stay up North and when winter comes they migrate to Germany. For the last month I have had a few hundred of these birds flying around the birch trees just outside my window. It is a small bird, ca 12 cm long, and it weighs no more than 12 gram. There's more info at Wikipedia.

6 comments:

Jazzy said...

*delightful*
postcard quality, love the colours =)

Lisi said...

this looks like a painting...beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely. The aqua sky is very appealing. And all the tiny elements in the foreground.

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks. I managed to get a few more photos today. Can be seen in my Bird Set.

Krys SME said...

Wow, thanks a lot for this post, love it! You're great.

Let's Do Business

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks for the comment. Gave me a chance to fix the size of the photo. Since posting this I have a new template which makes it possible to show larger sized photos.