Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sara

Sara


I have never been any good at guessing anyone's age. When I spotted Sara from a distance in Västerhaninge, I figured her to be around sixteen years old. That probably made her happy, because in reality she is a few years younger. Come the fall she will be an eight-grader in her school in Handen. Sara is into music. She claimed with a little smile that I was probably not familiar with the bands that she was listening to. And I will have to agree with Sara, because I can't remember listening to Mindless Self Indulgence, a band that describes their music as industrial jungle pussy punk. Another band that I will have to check up on are Porcelain and the Tramps. When she's not listening to those bands, Sara will probably be busy playing on her guitar or synthesizer. So in a few years time, when she is famous for her music, remember where you heard about her first!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you should rename your blog "Talent Search". We have a 14 year old daughter that listens to some bands with some pretty interesting names too. We're lucky though, her bass guitar instructor has broadened her appreciation for some of the "classic" groups too. Another fine shot Steffe. Keep on rockin'

Lowell said...

I would have guessed her to be a bit older, too. But, I'm surprised by your misjudgment! I mean, really, who better to ascertain certain things about females than Steffe?

Another fine portrait, my friend!

(P.S. My feeling about most of these so-called bands is that before long they'll be only a memory!)

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

Steffe, your portraits are always enlightening and stimulating. You seem to bring out the interesting personas of the various people you photograph. you bring out their mojo, their attitude. I just caught up on several of your photos and they are such interesting captures and people. I really like taking people photos but I only do it in foreign countries. odd I suppose that I don't do so much in America. You can see some of my portraits of people at our new travel photo site at www.vivalavoyage.com. We post new travel photos each Sunday. Enjoy.

brattcat said...

I hope she didn't bruise you too much with that indulgent smile of hers.

B SQUARED said...

I would get in a lot of trouble in your country.

Lois said...

She does look older than eighth grade!

MrsLittleJeans said...

She is cute...

Unknown said...

I don't know why...but she looks very "English" to me. Like one of those London teenagers you see with bleached hair and dark tans. Maybe it's a punk thing. Cute, though!

Copenhagen said...

She looks so mature for her young age.

Stefan Jansson said...

Cute she is.

Thanks Julie. I will read up on your travel blog.

I'm guessing all music made will be around for ever. It will only be a few years before we have hard drives big enough to store all music ever recorded!